Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 1

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: Human Resources
Company Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

My first day of the work placement went well. I met my supervisor Ms. Asma and I received a thorough orientation to my responsibilities and the organization for which I will be working. She explained their rules. For instance, using the telephone only for the work no personal calls, office dress code, and confidentiality.

in addition.She provided me with the initial information and tools that I need such as computer, office supplies and phone. I meet all the staff in my department and they gave me a brief overview of their responsibilities. Actually, they all were friendly.

I went with my supervisor and her manager Mr. Majed to Rashed Hospital to attend a meeting their about scholarship provided by Dubai Chamber for the UAE nationals who work in the Government sectors. And as I observed it was informal meeting that it took a long time almost 1 hour because they talked about many things that are not related to the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment