Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 6

Human Resources Department
Ms. Asma Abdulla
week 2

I started my day disappointed because when I arrived to the work I discovered that there is an error in the computer so I called one of the employees in the IT department to come and fix the error. However, he was too late so I didn’t get any tasks to do at that time. Moreover, I went with Mr. Majed (resourcing & development manager) around all the departments and employees and got brief information about their departments operation and as I noticed that all of them are busy all the time. By the end of the day I understood well the company’s operations and practices. In addition, they want me to contribute with them in the UAE Career Fair 2009 and they showed me their plan and the procedures for that. My supervisor Ms. Asma was very busy today because she had several meetings so I went to Ms. Fatima (employee relations executive) to help her and she gave me many employees’ documents to scan them but again the scanner wasn’t working!!! Again I felt frustration because I want to do the task and I know that the IT department is very busy and they would not come immediately. Besides my colleagues were very helpful and friendly since they tried to fix the problem and that made me feel more comfortable.

I met My mentor Mr. Tridib at 1:00 pm at my work placement and we discussed the work experience issues and the assessment. To be honest I like the college life more than the work placement…really I missed DWC.

No comments:

Post a Comment