Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 11

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: Membership and documentation services
Company Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

Today morning before I go to the new department I was very glad and excited because I will work in another department and I will learn other things that are completely different than HR.
I met with the director Mr. Mahdi he gave me some information about their department operations. Honestly, at the beginning I didn’t understand anything he was talking about membership, trade license, Free Zones….etc. and I realized that my general knowledge about these things is weak and I didn’t ask him many questions because he had a meeting so I didn’t want to bother him. However, he told me if I need any help I can contact him immediately, he was very kind and I noticed that his office door is open all the time for his employees.

The one thing that I didn’t like or made me not comfort is that I don’t have my own desk. I sat with Mr. Samer and he shared me his desk. Actually, he was the suitable person to sit with him because he is experienced that he worked in Dubai Chamber for 14 years. He explained all the operations in the department. In fact, he was very patient that he explained everything step by step.

In this department you will find daily operations include:
1.Issuing certificates of origin.
2.Registration of members
3.Certifying commercial documents.
4.Receiving business delegations
5.Serving business groups.

There is another service that they provide people which are information about the UAE, investment opportunities in Dubai and free zones, exhibitions, and other information about tourism, economy, trade and others. So the employees should be professionals and up date them self with latest news in order to serve the people better.

The information services include:
1. Publications of the Chamber.
2. General information on setting up businesses in Dubai.
3. Company profiles.
4. List of newly-registered companies.
5. List of companies by nationality.
6. List of companies by legal status.
7. List of companies by size.
8. List of companies by employees.
9. List of exhibitions in Dubai.
10. Commercial laws and companies’ regulations.
11. General information about Dubai

They didn’t give me today any task to do but I hope they will do that by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment