Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 7

Human Resources Department
Ms. Asma Abdulla
week 2

I arrived to the office a little bit earlier today, and started to greet the fellow staff by morning greeting.

My Supervisor Ms. Asma had a meeting in another department with one of higher managers. In the same Department three other staff had training today and were attending it some other location. So I was alone in the office with two other staff Mrs. Sana (payroll & administration executive) and Mrs. Rafeaa (recruitment executive) who gave me some tasks of daily office work such as updating the employees’ records and filing a lot of papers.

Ms. Rafeaa gave me a good idea how to use Oracle Software which is one of the HR systems since she wanted me to work on it but suddenly she realized that the application is not installed on the pc which I’m working on so she just gave me some details about it in her machine and I didn’t get time to work on it because I don’t have the software. In addition. I asked Mrs. Sana to assist her in figures of salaries of this month or in the payroll system but she was very concerned about the numbers
and was afraid that I might make mistakes in figures which can be very bad for her and the department.

At the last hour of the working day, I talked with Ms. Asma , and we several a discussion about my plan. I suggested that we change the plan in a way that I spend each week of my work placement period in different departments in order to gain more experience and to get exposed to the other work environments of the each section.

No comments:

Post a Comment