Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 12

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: Membership and documentation services
Company Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

I sat with Mr. Dawood (senior member services) at the beginning he repeated all the information that Mr. Samir provided me yesterday. Then I helped him in making certificates of region and he explained me the purpose of this certificate which is to enable the company to export and import the goods to the other countries. Actually, it’s like a passport that they can’t transfer their goods without it. I fell that if I stayed more weeks this department that will help me in growing and increasing my knowledge about the global business.

Currently Dubai Chamber is studying to increase all the fees of their services so I was watching what he was doing and assessing him in calculations like the expected revenue and expected increases. I was wondering why he is not using the excel sheet!! I think it’s easier than using the calculator!! But he said that it easy for those who know how to use excel but since I don’t know how to use it I think it’s difficult.

At the end of my work day at 2:00 pm I went to the director Mr. Mahdi and I asked him if there is any available computer for me to use in order to do some practical works instead of watching around only and he agreed to provide me with what I need. Besides, he was glad because I asked him that. Additionally, He felt that I really want to learn and work.

Before I return to the HR department according to the plan I want to deal with customers to improve my communication skills, I will suggest that to the manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment