Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 16

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: HR
Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

Today morning when I arrived the work, I didn’t find the HR employees except the manager Mr. Majed. I asked him about the team and he told me that they have a meeting with the general manager and it’s not allowed for the managers and directors to attend this meeting because it’s a chance for the employees to express their feelings and opinions about the work. Besides, if they have any complains they can inform the general manager. At that time I felt that I am wasting my time because I don’t know what to do so I decided read my email.

In addition, I sat with Mr.Majed and he explained to me the UAE’s labor law .For example, the working hours, leaves, disciplinary rules and the penalties that the employer may impose on the workers like warning, fire and dismiss without prejudice to severance pay. Moreover, I was responsible to pick up all the calls in the department since they are not available. I wrote notes like who called them and why and I left them in their desk.

I guided 2 candidates to the waiting area and assisted them to fill in the recruitment forms. Actually, it was as opportunity to interact with people.

Moreover, I helped Ms. Asma in updating some of the training reports. Furthermore, I scanned some documents, it’s very boring.

Finally,I asked Ms. Asma if there are any tasks to do for tomorrow because she won’t come, she responded that she will send them by the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment