Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 19

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: HR
Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

I went to the meeting regarding Alsek Maktoom scholarship in the Department of Economic Development at 9:00. The employee who was in charge from the Department of Economic Development didn’t know anything about the scholarship and we were shocked!! At least at would be better if she prepared herself for the meeting instead of saying that she is new employee and she is in the department since November. I think the first impression in the work is very important because it’s almost impossible ever to change it. Besides, my first impression of her was not good since she didn’t turn off her mobile and she spoke to someone on the phone that interrupted us. Moreover, she wasn’t on time on the meeting. In fact, it’s very important for me to know these things in order to avoid these mistakes in the future and make every first impression not just good but great.

In addition, I taught Ms. Sana how to use Jupiter system and enter the information inside it. Actually, she used my computer since she doesn’t have this software and scanner. Furthermore I was glad because she asked me to help her which increased my commitment to the HR team.

At the end of the day I was free and very bored because I didn’t do any practical work.

No comments:

Post a Comment