Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 14

Company: Dubai Chamber
Department: HR
Company Supervisor: Asma Abdulla

In Thursday morning when I went to Membership and documentation services department I was surprised because they informed me that Ms Asma sent them an email asking them to allow me to return back to HR department since they have loads of works and many deadlines for the next week. Truly, I didn’t like the surprise because in this day I will be responsible to serve the customers and I was enthusiastic for this day. However, I went back to the HR department disappointed.


In fact, all my collogues were too busy. Furthermore, Ms Asma prepared some task. For instance, contacting the Career Fair c-coordinators to inform them that Dubai chamber wouldn’t contribute in the exhibition this year but they were not replying on any calls or e-mail due to internal issues. We had to wait for their reply so we can continue our job.

I attended the second weekly meeting in the HR department and all the members updated us with their responsible tasks. Besides, I talked about my experience in the other department where I worked. Now my self confidence increased that I can share them my ideas and opinions better than before in the meeting room.

In addition, I worked on the training report for the year 2006 and 2007 in order to enter them in Oracle system. I collected all the training courses names and I divide them according to their periods. Checking the IDs for all the recent and resigned employees caused a headache because I stayed in front of the computer for along time checking the numbers, and I already have difficulties with vision, maybe it’s another factor for the headache. However, that didn’t prevent me in continuing the task since the deadline will be on Sunday. I completed the work at the home and sent it to Ms. Asma and Mr. Majed at the same day. I was very happy because I felt t that I am benefiting them and contributing to the team efforts.

I had a load of works to do but I can meet deadlines effectively. More than that, I realized that I work well under pressure, this is my new skill and I applied it in my work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment